Tuesday 4 March 2014

Anthropomorphic- Muzzle Character

 
Line up for Ram Linebacker.  This character proved to be much more challenging than expected.  Posted below are a few selected process work done rough and dirty in ink to get my ram to look less like a sheep.  My original character was supposed to be a bodyguard but the horns in my design was practically begging me to be used as some sort of tackling purposes!  
 
After figuring out the design for ram the poses came really easy, to contrast the Greaser Cardinal (post prior this)  I wanted a jock character that is also self absorbed for different reasons.  The most difficult pose was the running one because I was trying to manipulate the bone structure of a ram to move like a human would.  At the end I decided to simplify the joints so it has both human and sheep characteristics.

My original bodyguard design, even after watching several "Reality Club Bouncers" documentaries I still was unable to get a strong feel for my character.
 
Found the design of sheep nostrils to be very flowing and unique.  Also tried to have that sloping shape in the face of the ram. 

 
Quick gestures of the hooves by looking at taxidermic sheep. 

 
Experimenting with different types such as Merino, Drysdale and Norwegian sheep.

Rough lineup in preparation for a clay sculpture that I used as reference for the rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment