Friday 14 March 2014

Character Design- Oliver the Baby


This was the largest project for character design so far, the assignment was to design four character: A hero, a love interest, a villain and a sidekick.  The theme I chose was "pirates" which I regretted later on because I knew little to nothing about pirates.  Also lacking was my knowledge of babies, I don't draw them much and had a lot of catching up to do.  Here are some studies of babies and action poses I quickly roughed out!
Drawing the baby was much more enjoyable after figuring how babies behave, one thing I noticed was that their hands are usually held in fists or their fingers all do separate things!

My final product for the "love interest"; baby oliver. A cute little guy who's also strong and mischievous.  He even ends up getting kidnapped by pirates.

No comments:

Post a Comment