Wednesday 5 March 2014

Mossy Tree Trunks

Tonal study completed in Photoshop, this is the daytime version.  Every time I walk home it feels like a journey, there's a bridge I cross, a dinky lamp and this never ending staircase!  Inspired by this experience I created this fantasy layout.
This is the night tonal, it was very quick to do because I have created a base tone for both paintings.  For the night time I adjusted the levels of the original base tone and added in a few areas of highlights/ shadows where appropriate.
I wasn't use to overlaying colour masks over my base BW tonal so the colours got muddied and isn't what the desired hue was supposed to be.  If I was to redo this project I would have done the day colours without a BW tone base.
Enjoyed working with the night tonal a lot more because the colour overlays was truer to the selected colour palette.

2 comments: