Friday 14 March 2014

Character Design- Ape the Sidekick

Ape, the comedy character/ sidekick was really fun to design.  He was basically a quick doodle that was surprisingly well received by my peers so I stuck with it.  I feel like I put myself into this character because I love eating and Ape is simply just that side of me! 
For Ape's poses I decided to play more with his silhouette because his shape is so fun and recognizable.   Usually I draw Ape and Mary simultaneously because they're a pair, heroine and sidekick so I wanted their poses to work well together.


Final artwork for Ape, the loveable sidekick.  He has a simple personality so I kept his design simple as well.  Of all the characters, he was the most fun to design because I wasn't used to drawing stylized things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment